Thursday, April 5, 2007

"Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day."


Traffic Security Guy on the Road

Its one of the hot, bright, sunny morning...just around 8 AM and it is still early March. We are on our way to our office.... comfortably sitting in our company bus, listening to the not so interesting chit chats and songs on the FM, grudging and complaining about the traffic jams and the weather. And there I saw him, standing in the middle of a busy junction (where the brookefield road takes a diversion to ITPL in B’lore). Dressed in the very common security guard uniform, sweating and tired, he was very successfully trying to manage the unruly morning drivers who realize only when stopped, that they are the ones destined to save the world in the last minute.
Now, I can hear u askin... so wats the big deal about this guy. It was his SMILE. Yeah... I know everyone of us smile, but its often when we are happy. But none of us smile when we've to stand in the hot hoT hOT HOT sun.. atleast I don't. I see him pass on his infectious smile to the thousand strangers he sees in the junction & help them pass it smoothly without much trouble. I regret I don't get to watch him work (with a smile, of course) for long, 'coz I’m one of those people who thinks of my destiny & move on. But then, I don't fail to catch his infectious smile, pass it on to my best friend sitting next to me.... with hopes and trust that the smile he shared will be spread to many more.


Resolution for today ---> Got to find his name, tough.

SMILE, IT COSTS NOTHING....

SMILE, YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN SOMEONE WILL FALL IN LUV WITH IT

SMILE IS A CURVE THAT SETS EVERYTHING STRAIGHT

3 comments:

  1. Hey Shree.. Yea man u r rite.. Know wat? For this same reason, I like ur smile very much... :) .. Keep smiling, Shree... U rock !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey buddy..thats a nice thought. Me too working in bangalore. And u rite..people are so mixed up and messed up in their lives that they forget to smile. Will definitely try to pass on my infectious smile more n more :-) u too keep smiling

    ReplyDelete