Wednesday, January 23, 2008

There is no real evil in life, except great pain; all the rest is imaginary, and depends on the light in which we view things.


For the first time in my very short blogging experience, today I write about some unpleasant thoughts that keep haunting my life recently…

Many know me as an extrovert, fun to have me around, bubbly, mature, etc. May be I am all that to the outer world. Only those very close to me realize that am a wet blanket at many occasions, a pain in the neck, and an indecisive, callow person.

Who actually am I? Why do I appear as two different person to myself and to those around me? I do not know. But the only truth I can stick to is… I do not fake about what I am to others, and NEVER to the ones close to my heart. Is that why they find me to be such a weirdo? If am a weirdo, why do I still find them close to me? What am I?

Too many questions… too many answers with lots of ifs and buts. Where would I find a teacher who would look into my answers to the questions I throw at myself and evaluate what is right and what went wrong. God… it’s a very complicated thought that keeps running in my mind and takes me into a labyrinth of unwanted ideas. But who decides which idea is necessary and which is not.

I know am rebellious in many ways compared to the kith I grew up with. Though the elders around knew what I was asking or doing was most often logical and practical… I was forced to succumb to the “society” culture that’s prevails. I’ve tried to be part of the so called ‘live & let live’ life and have often let others live their life rather than look back and decide to LIVE my life. I know that’s a huge sacrifice that I did. The worst pain a human can suffer is to have insight into much and power over nothing. That’s my story.

Love… what a complicated four lettered feeling. I’ve read --> “Love means exposing yourself to the pain of being hurt, deeply hurt by someone you trust.” Does it mean that to trust and love your family is to feel pain all your life? If I had known and was taught that love brings pain, I would have remained an atheist to love.

I would quote Vivekananda here - ‘This misery that I am suffering is of my own doing, and that very thing proves that it will have to be undone by me alone. That which I created, I can demolish; that which is created by someone else, I shall never be able to destroy. Therefore, stand up, be bold, be strong. Take the whole responsibility on your own shoulders, and know that you are the creators of your own destiny. All the strength and succor you want is within ourselves.’

They are too good to read and fathom the words. Wish I could get the strength to take the responsibility for my own miseries.

Sometimes waiting for a solution is the best solution. Other times, forgetting unpleasant moments are the solutions. “Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering.”

Sorry this one is a little depressing… I just found a small vent to my thoughts through this… I believe this outlet will take me through this day in a better way.

To all readers...Have a Great Life ahead :)

6 comments:

  1. I knew already about everything U hv published in this blog. . . Can say U only one thing. Will tell it at the last..

    Shree. U hv mentioned,"to trust and love your family is to feel pain all your life? If I had known and was taught that love brings pain, I would have remained an atheist to love. " ..

    Not like that Shree.. we can trust and Luv the family. But then, if u feel that it brings pain all over ur life, juz come out. Take a decision Shree.

    Decision making... Sometimes, we outta take decisions. Decisions that result in some crucial things. It's not bad to decide upon things shree. But it's bad not to decide upon things, and then say "Sometimes waiting for a solution is the best solution. Other times, forgetting unpleasant moments are the solutions. Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering.”

    Our life is in our hands .. U very well know that. So, take a decision NOW, about things that U don't wanna decide. DECIDE NOW. That'll save u from all the sorrow u r now in.

    This is what I wanna say in the beginning.

    Affly,
    Rajesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey this is a very lucid post... Your take on love is very heartrending to say the least.. Think with your mind.. you can never go wrong.. If you step into something Love, Life, Trust.. with your eyes, ears and senses wide open you cannot go wrong!! Good luck with everything and keep writing!! :)
    Btw, this is Preethi from Avila??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's you to decide and you have to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across this wonderful saying; it might suit your situation so thought of sharing it with you.

    I can make a hobby out of worrying. I worry about the noise and then complain when it is too quiet. I worry about having too many sunny dry spells and then complain when it rains. I may even be worried about worrying too much. It is essential to take an honest interest in what goes on around me, and of course it is always wise to analyse a situation and take the necessary precautions to avoid being influenced by anything negative. However, when all is said and done, my tense and burdened mind will not be able to function clearly enough to arrive at a suitable solution to a problem. Maybe I should just do the best that I can and beyond that leave it in the hands of God. To have faith in the self, faith in God and faith in God's plan is a sure way to remain clear and free of burdens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rajesh, Preethi, Anony & Shabs..
    Wanted to thanks you all earlier but was in a confused trance... but now am all clear (after a yr)...thanks a lot for all your support.

    @ shabs - nice thought... liked it. Gave me a new insight into deciding what to ponder about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete